Thursday, April 26, 2012

04-26-12 Le temps des roses!

These last few days have been great for roses, some blooming 3-4 weeks ahead of a normal year.











This lily is blooming six weeks ahead of time.



Last weekend we finally received some rain, a nice 1 1/4 inch for a 24 hour period but a little short for the last 10 days. Last night we had some major rumble but little rain came out of it.








I finally planted my tomatoes last week, and, as soon as I did it got cold but they're in and Monday I helped David plant his at his place. Next step: tasting them in a few weeks.

In one of my preceding posts I had expressed concern about my surviving hive and the very small number of worker bees that had survived winter. Yesterday I opened that hive and noticed the population has about doubled in the last couple of weeks and they have stashed away a good amount of honey both signs that the queen and her workers are doing a great job.
Tomorrow I am going to pick up two packages of new bees to triple my hive number. I'll keep you posted on how that works out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment