Tuesday, April 17, 2012

04-17-12 planting day for me and tax filing day for the procastinators.

      After the frost last week, I was glad to see my tomatoes in full shape this morning, ready to be planted. Few pleasures are greater than getting my hands in the dirt in early spring even when the sun beating on my shoulders is a little hotter than I'd like. But who am I to complain? Rain's coming, hopefully in sufficient quantities since we already are in deficit for the season.



Tomato futures











To make room for my toms, I had to remove a few things that had gone to flowers like my chervil, my cilantro and I harvested some of the onions. I'll miss those wild looking flowers but can't wait to see some fresh tomatoes instead. Since everything has been early this spring, it won't bother me one bit if my toms and cukes come a little early as well.

Blooming cilentro


Onions put out to dry


















What else is blooming?

onion bloom
potato bloom

























Foxglove

























Fennel is not in bloom but on the way to bulb              
Some of Van Gogh's favorites
































No comments:

Post a Comment