Sunday, April 8, 2012

04-08-12 No Easter egg!






Major disappointment in my garden this morning: not a single chocolate egg to be found anywhere! Either the bunny's GPS is messed up or my neighbors' cat must have scared it. End result the same: no Easter egg for me :(




In spite of a couple of cold fronts coming through the last few days, spring's growth is still way ahead of a normal year, three to four weeks ahead. I know people who already have transplanted their tomatoes but I decided to play it safe and wait a little more.










Tulips and Dutch irises are on their way out, replaced by bearded irises and corn flowers. Tree leaves are growing by the day. Another week or so, as soon as the dogwood does its thing, I'll be able to sit on my front porch in mid-afternoon without frying in the sun.






We've been eating lettuce for a few days now with plenty of scallions, radishes and gorgeous parsley. Peas are growing but far from production yet. For the rest, we admire flowers growing everywhere and I am in no hurry to re-experience the 84 degrees we had last week. I want to enjoy spring temperatures before heading to the summer fryer.











No comments:

Post a Comment