Saturday, April 12, 2014

04-12-2014 Pollen




The last few days have been gorgeous, if you can take the constant assault by tons of yellow pine pollen. Yesterday, after spending my morning weeding, I came home totally covered in that stuff...not counting what I had swallowed.
One of the few strawberry plants the voles have not killed yet.


On the other hand, the nice temps and good rains bring daily growth to the garden, having gone from an empty, frozen lot to an ever expanding green and the pink and white of fruit tree blooms. The house is slowly disappearing behind its spring green coat.
I ate my first spring lettuce with my lunch (home made pizza) today;


fairy wings


Chine Wisteria

Future Asian pears



Coral honeysuckle

more fairy wings!

The before and after apple blossoms


No comments:

Post a Comment