Saturday, June 30, 2012

06-30-12 Too hot even for the bees!!!!


Mind you they never quit their gathering no matter how hot it gets but by early evening, some of them have started hanging out ...outside the hive like city dwellers trying to escape stuffy apartments by hanging out on the fire escape. At times, I have seen the whole front of the hive covered with bees who prefer a little fresh air.

Other pix:
The one you will not see: myself early morning and late evening in long pants and shirt sleeves to limit mosquitoes ravenously feeding on me while I water, trying to combat serious evaporation and lack of rain. Here, we've had a 1/4 inch in the last two weeks. Way insufficient! That leaves me with the hose.

I happen to be very partial to that" yellow with a red blush" combination, however discreet the blush is.

A Chicago fig I am growing for a fig aficionado living out in the country

Bumble bees city! Those guys can't stay away from sunflowers.

Look at the amount of pollen this guy's carrying on its legs. I am not sure how it still manages to move and add more.

Sorry, just like bumble bees I never tire of sunflowers! Call me bumble me!

Hibiscus

No comments:

Post a Comment