Monday, June 18, 2012

06-18-12 Butterflies








White and little brown butterflies have been back for a while now but I was waiting for a swallowtail or a monarch to get excited. I saw my first swallowtail of the year, all by itself. Its visit was of very short duration, it has since been hiding or visiting someone else's garden.

Figs have started doing well in their first flush. I can now leave them long enough on the tree to get that sun soaked flavor and the beautiful dark purple skin. Another few weeks and I'll be inundated!



We've been eating some of the corn: nice and sweet but fairly small ears. I planted my corn a little too early. The second batch is coming right along.


That red silk reminds me of some of my former students'hair (at least the color does)

That red silk is awaiting pollination from this male flower. This one is all done by wind, no insect needed.             








                                Rainy day in the garden; everything looks different









No comments:

Post a Comment