Monday, February 27, 2012

2-27-12 A little sun on a drairy day!


Daffodils - a poem by William Wordsworth

I
wandered lonely as a cloud
That
floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When
all at once I saw a crowd,
A
host, of golden daffodils;
Beside
the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering
and dancing in the breeze.

Continuous
as the stars that shine
And
twinkle on the milky way,
They
stretched in never-ending line
Along
the margin of a bay:
Ten
thousand saw I at a glance,
Tossing
their heads in sprightly dance.

The
waves beside them danced, but they
Out-did
the sparkling leaves in glee;
A
poet could not be but gay,
In
such a jocund company!
I
gazedand gazedbut little thought
What
wealth the show to me had brought:

For
oft, when on my couch I lie
In
vacant or in pensive mood,
They
flash upon that inward eye
Which
is the bliss of solitude;
And
then my heart with pleasure fills,
And
dances with the daffodils.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment