Saturday, May 17, 2014

05-17-2014 After the flood.



Just as I was getting worried about ten days without rain and rising temperatures, it came! Just the day before I was making fun of the 1 inch prediction knowing that some of those storm systems coming from the West split just before Raleigh and reform, with a vengeance on the East side leaving our garden high and dry.

Well, this time we received 4.25 inches. What I call a welcome rain.

I had been working frantically the couple of previous days transplanting cucumbers, eggplants and peppers, staking tomato plants getting just tall enough to get smacked down by a storm.

Perfect timing! I finished it all in time for them to soak in the welcome flood. The day following the rain, my wild flowers looked a little beat and the roses had lost most of their petals but the veggies look great and the wild strawberries are starting to produce. Weather/gardening coordination at its best!

Happy gardener!















No comments:

Post a Comment