Sunday, April 14, 2013

04-14-2013 Pollen, pollen and more yellow stuff!


                                    Who can resist such beauty?

While pollen has made everyone's life miserable the last few days, I must say that Spring has also shown us amazing colors that we all almost forgotten.

Driving through Raleigh, dogwoods, cherry trees, crab apples and, now Wisterias are in full display. The colors are simply amazing and trees are leafing at an amazing speed. In this garden, I can expect new blooms just about every day. Sometimes, walking around morning and evening already brings some new tulips or irises.







For the last few days, pollen has covered everything, including yesterday when it came out with a vengeance after the morning rain had washed the yellow stuff away.

Two things, though, right now mornings are mainly great temperature-wise and evenings are just glorious. They remind me of those evenings in my childhood that felt so good, I did not feel like going in; I'd stay out till the first sign of darkness. It feels just like this right now. Although tonight, I did not relax and enjoy it, I was planting my corn, bush beans and home grown tomato plants before the expected rain tomorrow. I was still watering when darkness fell.


Leaves are open up so fast that the house is fast disappearing behind all that foliage. Just two days ago, those pear trees were showing white only from the flowers. Now they've turned to leaf green already.

Fairy wings on the side by the street.        




Dutch iris

Coral honeysuckle.


Wild snapdragons






This one needs a scratch and sniff app; it smells so sweet! Chinese wisteria and spice bush.

Spice bush all covered in pollen.





Columbine

This one, I posted exclusively for Lorraine Skrinak. She'll know exactly what this promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment